Monday, December 10, 2007

andes mints are the best...

I absolutely love Andes mints...I bought a package of them specifically for "spiking" my hot cocoa with. But then, they're awesome all by their little selves. I could eat the whole bag in one sitting...but then, that wouldn't be good, would it?

For a kitty update...Kahn is doing ok, not great. I'm going to take him back to the vet tomorrow, just to get his opinion. He seems uncomfortable, but not in pain. He doesn't want to eat his prescription cat food, so I'm having to mix it with other types of food, just to get him to eat something. He also doesn't like to eat by himself, so I've been having to sit with him and talk to him, to get him to eat. Oh, the things I would do for this little guy. Anyway, he is not terrible, but just doesn't seem to feel too hot. I'm going to ask the vet about giving him Sub-Q fluids...injecting fluid under the skin to help keep him from getting dehydrated and help his kidney function. Anyway, just trying to pamper him back into feeling better.

One of our other cats ended up with a trip to the ER vet on Saturday night. He vomited on Friday night, and was laying around kind of strangly. His belly felt very tight and he felt warmer than usual. Not knowing what was wrong with him, and not wanting to wait until Monday morning to have him checked out...we took him to the ER vet. After an exam, abdominal xray and all...his diagnosis...gas and constipation. So, an injection for nausea, one of antacid and some stool softener, we were on our way home. He is back to his normal self now...feeling much better. Poor guy.

I really can't handle any more drama around here. Seriously, when it rains, it pours. I'm just hoping that everything else that is going to bomb out waits a while. I am emotionally, mentally and financially drained right now. UGH! I really hope that 2008 will be a better year for us. Not that this year has been bad, but it just seems like it's been one thing after another all year long.

No comments: