Tuesday, November 20, 2007

catching up...

El Guapo's birthday party was a week ago today...where did the week go? It was an awesome time...goofing around and catching up with friends. The rum cakes were a hit...I did not get a picture though...I'll still post the recipe later. The "boys" got a little wild...wrestling and having a sword fight...all while drunk...no injuries though...thank god. Anyway, the party was a blast.


Monday was El Guapo's actual birthday...after we got off work, we grabbed a bite to eat and then went to see American Gangster...it was really good. Not my all-time-fave, but really good. Denzel Washington was awesome...

I've kind of lost touch with my best friend from college over the last few years. She's moved around several times...her husband joined the Army a few years ago, and they've moved several times through his training and station assignments....I didn't even have a current phone number. I think of her often, but havn't talked to her in almost 2 years. Well, I've messaged her husband on myspace a few times, asking for him to have her call me...I finally got a message back from her the other day. I was shocked to find out...her husband is in Iraq right now. She is living in Kansas with her 2 1/2 year old son. I totally couldn't handle my husband risking his life in Iraq...I'd have had a nervous breakdown by now. She's strong though. Please keep her in your thoughts...and her husband...for him to return home safely. I'm excited to have "found" her again...

We were planning on going to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with friends and family...more friends than family actually...my family drives me insane. We decided to stay home a few days ahead of time...my car desperately needs tires before making an 8 hour trip, and the hubby's car needs some work done on it. We didn't need to spend money on both cars, and on a trip all at once, so we're going to go out for a visit in a month or so. This was actually our very first Thanksgiving dinner that we've cooked together...it was damn good too! We had an awesome Crockpot Turkey, mashed potatos, stuffing, green beans and pumpkin pie...yummy! And, now we've got days worth of leftovers!

Kahn, one of my sweet kitties, is not feeling too well. He vomited yesterday several times, and was obviously not feeling well at all last night. I was very close to taking him to the ER Vet, but he seemed to be feeling a little better within an hour or so. The husband sat up with him for most of the night, to make sure he was ok. He's eaten a couple of times this morning without vomiting, and is acting much better, but just like he doesn't feel quite right. He's sleeping right now...I hope he will be ok. I'm assuming since he's improved, that he'll continue to do so. If not, we'll end up at the ER Vet later on...our normal vet, which I love, is not open this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm thinking he's probably got a bad hairball, that has his tummy upset. He is bad about eating things he shouldn't eat though...he had surgery about 6 years ago for eating a big chunk of hard plastic. It had to be cut out of his stomach, b/c it wouldn't pass through. Crazy cat...but I love him so much. Anyway, hopefully Kahn will be back to himself soon...he's my precious first born. (He actually was our first born kitten...7 1/2 years ago)

Well, I guess that's about it for today...I've got housecleaning/organizing to do around here.

No comments: