Wednesday, October 31, 2007

go mavs...

I'm just sitting here tonight, watching the Mavs kick the Cavalier's butts, with kitties on my lap. My 16 pound Katrina cat stops by every now and then, to jump up and say hello. He is such a sweetie...a big ole silver tabby. We adopted him in January...he was very independant and wasn't very affectionate. His foster mom said that he usually kept to himself and didn't bother anyone. Well, he has definately changed...he has become a cuddlebug...loves to snuggle up with you and be a teddy bear. He loves to run and play with our other cats and seems truly happy. The interesting thing about Gaston...he was found in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, and had a badly broken jaw. Surgery was performed on his jaw, and his 2 lower canine teeth had to be removed b/c of the dislocation. His jaw is crooked...his bottom jaw goes to one side, and his tongue sticks out the other side...he has no problems though, and is so cute with his little tongue sticking out. He makes my heart smile...I'm glad that he is happy with us. I love my kitties!

I've decided to take a leave of absence from school. I've been in Court Reporting school at night for almost the last 2 years. It is honestly wearing me out. I just feel burnt out and my heart is not in it right now. I feel like I'm just wasting my money. The company I work for is undergoing some major changes right now...being taken over by a "sister" company. This means I've become an employee of the larger company, and they offer tuition reimbursement, if you're going to school for something that will benefit your job. This has got me thinking...I may possibly go to a different school starting January, and finish my bachelor's in Accounting, b/c they'll pay for it. Accounting is not really something I want to do for the rest of my life, but they will pay for my school, give me a better position with the company upon graduation, and give me more money. I've got some thinking to do. Decisions...decisions... Anyway, I'm taking a leave of absence for the rest of the quarter, to get a break from the constant insanity...and to decide what I want to do.

El Guapo and I ran in Target the other night to pick up a few things...including 2 limes. When we were checking out, the young guy checking us out thought that the limes were avocados...how weird. We corrected him, telling him that they were limes. He then started looking on his cheatsheet for the code for limes, and couldn't find it. He then asked...are they a fruit? He really didn't know what a lime was...what do they teach kids these days???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh my goodness! He honestly didn't know what a lime was??? That is too funny!