Tuesday, October 9, 2007

back to the grind...

Well, I'm back in the swing of things, I suppose.

The new quarter at school is going smoothly...one of my teachers is awesome...love her...she will really help us to progress the way we should be. We have had not-so-great teachers the last few quarters, and were really getting depressed about it. This quarter is going to be good for me...i just know it.

As far as work...well, not even a week after I get back from vacation, my co-worker, who pretty much ran the place, told me he was leaving. Well, he attempted to put in his notice, and the owner blew up and told him to get out. So, he left abruptly, and now I'm left with no leader at all. The owner of our company is not involved at all, and hasn't taken it upon himself to hire anyone, or even show up the last few days. It's quite interesting...I'm not really sure what's going to happen there. I don't know if he thinks the company is just going to run itself or what, but I have noone to make any decisions. I'm just hoping that our "brother company" will get a clue and buy us out...that would mean administrative support as well as better benefits. I'll just have to wait and see.

I finished off my vacation week with the beginnings of a cold/allergy attack. I finally went to the doctor last Tuesday, and he said it was just allergies. I've never coughed so much in my life. It's finally getting better now, but now El Guapo has something similar. The weather/allergies are all messed up around here, b/c we've had such a weird year weather-wise...with all the rain for months, mild summer, still having warm weather. It's mid-October and the leaves aren't even turning yet.

I talked to my Mom a few nights ago...she makes me ill. She recently moved from MS to NC, to live with my brother. Shortly after she moved, my brother and his wife had their second son. Personally, I think they just wanted her to move in so they'd have someone to take care of the kids...neither of them have any patience, or a sense of humor...poor kids. It's a strange situation, and I've yet to figure out why exactly they made this arrangement. My brother has always been the golden child...never could do anything wrong. Now that my mom is living with him, of course he is all she can talk about. She's not concerned with what I've got going on at all...it's all him, his wife and the babies...UGH! Makes me want to vomit. I'm just waiting for her to start giving me grief about the holidays. I made it clear to her before she moved that we wouldn't be able to come out there for quite a while. It's a 20+ hour drive...and a $1000 roundtrip plane ticket. I'm working and in school...don't have the time to drive, and don't have the money to fly. As it gets closer to the holidays, I'm just waiting for her grief...she's so good at it, but I'm even better at being a stubborn bitch :)

That's about it...not much else exciting going on around here.

No comments: