Monday, August 13, 2007

New Orleans...**updated with pictures**

We spent the weekend in New Orleans with friends...it was a blast! We left Dallas in the wee hours of the morning on Friday, and drove straight through. Got into town, and ate our our old standby...Cafe Maspero on the corner of Decatur. It was just like I remembered it. I was glad to see that the Quarter was still the way I remembered it...didnt' really know what to expect since I hadn't been back since Katrina. It was a little cleaner, and seemed to have less crime. There were a few mimes, kids dancing with bottle caps on the bottoms of their shoes...and the usual passed out people along the side of Bourton Street. We spent our nights bar hopping on Bourbon Street...and consuming lots of drinks...especially at Razzoo's. You just can't beat the 3-for-one drinks at happy hour. It was a blast of a weekend...I can't wait to go back.


Here's a mime that we say shortly after ariving...we saw him throughout the quarter all weekend. I wonder if he realizes what he's doing to himself with all of that metallic paint.















Just a view of a "normal" apartment in New Orleans.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you soooooooooooo much for the advice on getting rid of cat pee! LOL! I'm going to try to get my hands on that product you mentioned. Thank you!

PS. Happy anniversary!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans!!! :)